1st Year Counsellors
We’re totally upfront about costs, so you know exactly what you’re going to pay and what you’ll be paid. Your programme fee covers everything apart from what third parties charge (that is, your medical exam and US embassy fee.)
- Transatlantic flights
- Comprehensive insurance
- Garda Vetting
- J1 Camp Counsellor Visa sponsorship and assistance
- Pocket money at the end of camp - $800-$1200
- Food & Accommodation at Summer Camp
- Pre- Departure Orientation in Ireland before you depart to the US
- 10% discount on all after-camp travel packages
*Must have a completed application within 7 days
1st Payment: Only €99
The first step to having an amazing summer is to make your €99 non-refundable deposit to secure a place on the programme! Now it's time to set up your interview. We'll call you to book an interview with one of our reps across the country. You also need to have completed your application within 7 days of your booking date.
Remaining Programme fee:
Full payment is due within 14 days of your booking date – please keep an eye your deadline date and the good news is that you can pay directly on your tracking account. Following that we completed your paperwork and get your application out to our camps. Keep an eye on your email! You can be contacted directly from a camp at any time.
Pre Departure Orientation US Embassy Interview before you leave.
You're on your way to camp!
3rd Party Costs?
The following costs are external costs to your program fee
- Criminal Background /Garda Vetting – €49 - Free of charge with all Early Bird bookings until 30 Sept.
Please note that US State department guidelines require that all camp counsellors must be Garda vetted in order to work with children. It is not sufficient to work in a US summer camp with just a Police Certificate.
- Police Check - Free at your local Garda Station but must be accompanied with your Garda Vetting Clearance cert when travelling to the US.
- Medical – you can arrange this with your local GP – costs from Free to €35.
*Your camp will require this before you arrive.
- US Embassy interview Fee: fr $160
- SIM card: €30
- Luggage tags: €16